- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
The human internal ecosystem is stabilized by several different buffering systems that keep the body functioning at a high level for as long as possible. One of these buffering systems is pH. Maintaining pH balance through proper diet and lifestyle is one of the most critical tools to optimizing your health.
The Problem with an Acidic pH:
If the blood pH becomes too acidic for a chronic period of time it turns to the various tissues to help stabilize the pH. The body will naturally excrete alkaline minerals such as calcium from our bones & teeth. Magnesium is taken from blood vessels, potassium from our neuromuscular system, and sodium from our joints. If these minerals are not replaced, the tissues become weak and degenerate quickly.
Super Alkalizing Elements:
The primary alkalizing elements in our body include calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, vitamin C, selenium, oxygen, zinc, and the various B vitamins. The best sources of these essential nutrients are in fresh organically grown fruits and vegetables, apple cider vinegar, certain nuts & seeds, & natural pink salts.
The Major Acid Forming Foods:
The most acidic forming foods include sugars, grains, grain-fed meat & dairy products, coffee, and processed foods of any kind. Perhaps the worst culprit of all is soda. Soda is loaded with sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and phosphoric acid. This powerfully dehydrates the body as water is needed to help detoxify all the acidic waste.
Poor Colon Health Contributes to Acidic pH
Chronic conditions can cause the mucous to become hardened creating a mucoid plaque that impairs food absorption. This plaque build-up lodges into the walls of the colon and becomes a breeding ground for parasites and other unfriendly organisms
Regulating Our pH Naturally:
Fortunately, God created our bodies with an incredible ability to heal and restore themselves. If we begin taking action steps to move back into balance our body will respond and we will dramatically improve our health.
Begin Alkalizing Now with these 7 simple tips:
1. Drink ½ - 1 gallon of clean, purified water daily
2. Use Terrain Fermented Herbals in water-1 tsp in 8oz
3. Use Apple cider vinegar instead of salad dressing or other vinegars.
4. Use pink salts (Himalayan & Redmond's Real Salt) instead of other salts.
5. Use oregano, dill, thyme, basil, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, & fennel
6. Make a Green Drink with fresh squeezed lemon
7. Try to eat 75% raw alkaline forming foods